About Me

My photo
I'm an engineering student who likes to read and write philosophy and poetry as a hobby. Hopefully you'll like something, the poems all have some emotional meaning behind them. Comments appreciated.

Wednesday 29 September 2010

The Meaning

Saying 'I Love You' is my attempt to remind you that I long for a future with you, for your happiness, for you. That I am filled with a feeling of desire and attraction towards you. You are my first priority and my most important long term goal. Having you in my life makes me happy and I hope that the same is true for you.


I offer this Love freely, with hope rather than expectation for your feelings in return. I understand that you are free to love me but also to withdraw from it and go your own way. I wish you to be free to be yourself and to do what you want to do.


I do not hold onto expectations of how our future will pan out, it is but a hope. By declaring that I Love You, I am not declaring that I have ownership or control over you or that you are in any way obligated to remain by my side. Instead, I wish that you accept my Love and do with it as you desire.


It is in Loving you, exactly as you are now and not wishing or hoping for what you will become in the future, that I offer myself to you. I do, however, support your desire for growth and understand change, accepting that change is both inevitable and unknown.


I respect your right to have your own feelings, opinions and desires and respect your need to make your own decisions and learn your own lessons. I will be here to be called upon if and when you need me and will not arbitrarily impose my own terms on your decisions.


I seek to understand my own emotions and feelings and to communicate them to you as best I can with humility. I will seek to be open and honest about just about everything.


I accept a responsibility to you to be reliable and strong in the face of difficulties. I have a responsibility to remain consistently reliable and to make efforts to improve your life now, and your future.


My ultimate priority in this life is that you be happy. If you'd be happier without me, you are welcome to leave and find your happiness elsewhere. If you achieve this I will be glad for you.


I appreciate that we are two separate people, choosing perhaps to walk hand-in-hand for this time and I enjoy the moments we share together. We will always be two separate people but in saying 'I Love You' I am attempting to narrow the gap between us.


No other three words do I mean so truly, so deeply, so powerfully. When I say 'I Love You' I mean to reinforce and remind you of everything we have that is so very special to me. This feeling won't ever disappear. It can become dormant or shift into another form of love, but it wont leave.


The words 'I Love You' are the everyday reminder of my loyalty to you and are my promise to uphold the values set by those words. They are a promise that my feelings for you match what is described above and more. They are a reminder of the many ways in which I strive for perfection for you. You are everything to me.


I Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment