About Me

My photo
I'm an engineering student who likes to read and write philosophy and poetry as a hobby. Hopefully you'll like something, the poems all have some emotional meaning behind them. Comments appreciated.

Friday 21 January 2011

Foolish Love

I wanted to write a speed poem, so ok, here goes. I'm timing myself to see how long it takes too.

I wish I had told you, I'm desperate to hold you.

Nothing is alright, I need you tonight.
Drowned in regret, I wish to forget,
All of this guilt, after everything we built.

Is it over for sure? Is there anything more?

More than this pain? Could you trust me again?
Bittersweet songs, remind me of wrongs.
I choose to keep hope, give me enough rope.

I know it's hard, I'm here every yard,

If you say no, quietly I'll go.
I miss your face, your wonderful grace,
I know you agree you could still love me.

I hear your choice, your sweet soft voice,

Telling me 'Yes'. No longer a mess.
I emerge with pride, together we stride.
With hidden contempt, one final attempt.

Who knows how, a new beginning is now.

If this is the start, never ever apart,
For all of my days, in all of these ways,
I'll love you forever, or to the end of my tether.

How was that for 23 minutes work? Not directly relevent to my life (this time) but I still put a lot into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment