About Me

My photo
I'm an engineering student who likes to read and write philosophy and poetry as a hobby. Hopefully you'll like something, the poems all have some emotional meaning behind them. Comments appreciated.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Desperation

Why did you have to push me away?
Why didn't you let me come and stay?
I went through hell more than ever before.
I felt so alone, I'd never needed you more.

You told me nothing but expected me to know.
You shut me out, I had nowhere to go.
My life was a mess and you dragged me under.
I let go; I felt free and relieved to surrender.

But it didn't take much and my heart broke tonight.
Before I could run and before I could fight.
If you'd only reached out, I'd have come.
I ask myself again; What have I done?

I wasn't even close to being strong enough.
My pathetic heart never had it so rough.
Nothing to grasp, nothing left for me at all.
In desperation, one last hope, I tried to call.

Then when I thought you were mad at me,
It was easy to for me to leave, you see.
Now finding your heart to be empty and hollow,
Brings me to tears and drowns me in sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment